Sunday, April 10, 2011
If April Showers Bring Mayflowers . . . What do April Duathlons Bring???
Record setting seasons, that’s what they bring! Spring is here and our training is off to whirlwind start! Becca, John Bailey, & I competed in our first duathlon - The Duel at Darby. The morning was a bit misty but it cleared up and we each had a solid race. It looks like it is going to be a great season.
1. If it is misty/rainy do not wear glasses on the bike
2. If the race is shorter than a ½ iron, skip the bike gloves and save a few seconds in the transition area
3. If the race is shorter than a ½ iron, bring a throw-a-way water bottle and use it as you exit the transition area, rather than wasting time sipping water next to your bike – GET OUT THERE AND START RUNNING ALREADY! (if its longer than a ½ marathon I believe I will carry a water bottle during the run and refill on the route)
4. Pack a gu in your shorts, if you have pockets, and take it as you exit the transition – this should save 15 seconds on the transition.
5. Practice the “auto multisport” function on your Garmin watch before race day